During the Second World War, a growing need for military timekeepers for all kinds of different applications evolved. Thus, for example, belonged to every radio station, whether portable or stationary, a so-called radio-station's clock. Quick readability due to large digits on a clean dial where the key features of these timepieces. It is this simple but highly functional design that inspired us to re-design our Military-series, which has now been expanded by the new Military 42 automatic.
The 42 in the name stands for the case's diameter of 42mm. The classic snake hands harmonize very well with the large numbers that are only interrupted at 6 clock by the date window. The domed sapphire crystal with two anti-reflective coatings on the inside allows a clear view of these components of timekeeping, that even without light remain visible, thanks to the generous use of Swiss luminous paint.
Turning the stainless steel case of the Military 42 automatic around, will reveal yet another crystal. It lets one have a good view of the ETA 2824-2 in the so-called Élaboré execution, a highly reliable and robust automatic watch movement from Swiss production. And so, this new model of the Military 42 automatic also has the makings of becoming a classic, a must-have for every watch collection.
ETA 2824-2 Elaboré
- Swiss made
- Second Stop
- golden STEINHART Rotor with logo
- hour and minute hands silver with Superluminova " BGW9"
- Central second hand
- screwed Crown
- Date at "6"
- Stainless steel 316 L satined
- Diameter 42 mm
- Height 13 mm
- Weight 100 g
- Lug width 22 mm spring bar
- Sapphire glass domed, with double anti-reflecting coatings on the interior side
- Bezel Stainless Steel satin
- Back Stainless steel 316 L screwed with mineral crystal
- Waterproof to 10 ATM
DIAL & HAND
- Dial black matt
- Indexe arabian, Superluminova 3 D printing, " BGW9 "
STRAP & BUCKLE
- Strap Russian leather Vintage Brown 22 mm
- Buckle Stainless Steel pin buckle OEM 22mm screwed with Logo
Non EU customers: €383.34
EU customers: €460.01