Laco

Tradition in Pilot and Navy watches

During the 1940s, only five companies made the original pilot watches for the Luftwaffe (German air force): IWC, A. Lange & Söhne, Stowa, Wempe and Laco.
The company LACO (Lacher & Co.) was founded in 1925 by Frieda Lacher and Ludwig Hummel in Pforzheim. Main business was encasing Swiss movements into watch cases of own production. After Mr. Hummel has left the company, Erich Lacher took over in 1936.

The "Erich Lacher watch company" was manufacturing the legendary Pilot watches of the 1940's under their brand "LACO". Both models were DIN certified and famous due to their precision and reliability. Original Pilot watches have been manufactured using two different dial designs (Baumuster A without inner circle and Baumuster B with inner circle).

Both dials were covered with luminous markers and equipped with radioactive (RADIUM) filled hands. The dial of the Observer watches for the Navy was totally covered with radioactive luminous colour. These watches have been pocket watches.

Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/ly-global.liquid